Monday, March 30, 2009

Update: Job, Dates, Isabel Gillies

1. Job- I got one. It is fairly menial and not what I want to be doing forever, but it is work, it is close by, and I am happy to have it. Also it involves coffee, which I am a fan of. I feel pretty good that in this economy it only took two weeks to find something. So I'll do that for a bit and then see what else I can make happen...

2. Dates- Online dating (that is free) is now my new favorite thing. I have been on a few dates and hope to go on more. It is fun to meet new people and even more fun to have some kind of screening process before you agree to hang out with them, unlike if you meet someone while drunk at a bar. And maybe I will meet someone really cool! Also it is a quite useful procrastination tool.

3. Isabel Gillies- Happens Every Day is out, and I've read it. I think it is probably safe to say that it isn't going to win any Pulitzers, but it was all that I hoped for all the same. She is having an author event in a week, and I am planning to go with other people from Oberlin. But not to have a throwdown... more for the spectacle and culmination of my infatuation with this strain of gossip. Yeeeeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment