Monday, March 9, 2009

Being Grown Up Isn't Half as Fun as Growing Up

Yeah, that's from an Ataris song. I said it. What?

I talked to Becky on the phone this week and we talked about her baby, her son is 9 months old. So if I had been pregnant when he was born I'd have a baby now. Then I had dinner with Anna for the first time since I've been in New York, and she told me she's saving up to buy a house. A freakin' house of her very own to live in. And I went over to Ben and Allie's new pad to hang out this weekend, cause they moved in together recently. Just the two of them. No roommate.

Everything is getting a little serious. It isn't like playing house after college... its been too long for that at this point. My friends are moving in with boyfriends, and have real jobs with benefits and retirement plans. I feel like my year of life being on hold was really good for me, but that I'm now somehow behind. Like they're all turning into grownups without me.

Then I stay out drinking with them til 4 in the morning and everyone's too hungover the next day to do anything even by 6:00 in the evening, and I realize its all a ruse. And that we are not yet turning into grownups. Adults, maybe. But not grownups.

No comments:

Post a Comment