Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Taco Night & Katherine Hepburn

Last night I made tacos for my grandmother. As of course the most crucial part of making tacos is the seasoning of the taco meat, I left that up to the expert: old el paso. I got hard and soft shells, because Grandmother said that she liked hard shells but didn't like that they broke all over when you bit into them, so she usually ate soft shells. I filled her in on the secret of the double-decker taco: melty cheese (or beans) on the soft shell used as glue to wrap around the hard shell.

BAM! You get the crunch and the soft so the thing doesn't fall apart. Plus you get melted cheese which is always a plus. We had lots of fixins: lettuce, salsa, guac, sour cream, chopped tomatos and onion, and more cheese. The double-decker tacos were a huge hit, and overall my cooking was a big success. YES!

After dinner we watched Pat and Mike which is the first Spencer Tracy- Katherine Hepburn movie. I like Katherine Hepburn, but she talks funny. "Oh I'm so pleased to see you dahling, reaahlly I am." Why does she talk like that? Did people used to talk like that in the old days? Do people in Connecticut still talk like that? I've been to Connecticut and they largely don't seem to talk like that. Maybe they do at the yacht club... Anyway I liked the movie, and want to see more Tracy-Hepburn movies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment