Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Been a minute: updates

Here are some updates, in no particular order:

1. Halloween costume ideas- Last year I did not start thinking about Halloween costumes until the last minute, and I was Ramona Quimby. This year, I started thinking about them early, and two possibilities have become frontrunners: Ramona Flowers, of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, or an old-school style Coney Island strongman. I got this idea from seeing a romper at American Apparel and because my mom randomly gave me some wax moustaches that would be perfect. Also because people are selling Jersey-shore style muscle man shirts. It might look weird under the romper though, and then what the hell would I do with a muscle-man shirt and a romper? At least all the Ramona clothes are semi- normalish or easy to fake/ procure and all I'd really need maybe is a wig.

2. Bike- Disclaimer- Reading this a few days later, I realized this needs a geek-out alert of some kind due to the amount I am talking about parts and the relative probability that no one gives a shit about my bike except me. Consider yourself warned. I bought a new bike in May, it is a one-speed 2010 Specialized Langster Steel. It has a flip-flop hub, and I started riding it fixed in May. I am such a hipster. I am able to do a skip-stop kind of, and that is it in terms of tricks. I want to learn to do a track stand. This is my big goal. I keep getting things for the bike, it is like an addiction. Like new tires, I got some gatorskins last month. I want to get new handlebars because mine are too wide and a weird shape, but they were the only ones they could give me for free when I didn't want the drop bars. I am thinking 1-inch risers. I also want to get new toe clips that will accomodate double straps, cause I keep feeling like I am going to break the clips I have when I am skip-stopping.

3. Work- I had a work-a-thon summer 2010 when I had 31 days of work in a row without a day off because I had 3 jobs (nannying, summercamp, store). Now I am basically back to 1 job (store... UGH) and I don't know what to do with myself.

4. Cello- I am really excited because this family from Westchester went to visit their daughter in Ohio this week and they brought back my cello. Now all I have to do is go get it from Westchester and then I'll be able to play it, in theory. I am excited, and kind of scared at the same time. I haven't played in such a long time, what if I don't remember anything?

5. Youtube- I have been watching a stupid amount of youtube videos. I might be dumber in general because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment