Friday, April 2, 2010

MacBookPro Online!

I got a new computer. It is really exciting... I haven't had a new computer since I was a freshman in college. I've had it for a week, and I finally successfully migrated all my stuff from my old computer... First I tried to do it manually but things were messing up, so I decided to start over from the beginning. This involved completely erasing the new computer's hard drive and reinstalling everything, so I would have seamless user and home folder integration. It was actually almost worth it so I could see the apple 'welcome' video again... it's such a show off.

But now it's sweet! And I can start doing the wipe on the ol' 7 year old powerbook I've been using... it's a good little machine, but its time to move on to crazier shinier things.

I also feel really good I did all that stuff myself. Even though macs are so easy and user friendly, still. I did that all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment