Thursday, April 15, 2010

Live N Learn

I bought this new computer, which I've been really stoked about, as you well know. Finally wiped the hard drive of my old computer, and got this one all set up how I like it, and settled in to all it's high-tech splendor.

And then Apple announces the upgrade of their MacBook Pros. And their return policy is 14 days... which I surpass by 7 days.


!!!


Needless to say, I was kind of pissed, both at myself for not checking the rumor websites before I bought this computer, and at apple for not being a little more forthcoming with when new releases of are coming out. I understand this as a business model, but it still makes me angry that no one TOLD me that the new computers would be coming out real soon.

I called up customer service, and was re-directed several times. I finally was on the phone for probably half an hour with this really nice French dude, who talked to the management and got them to say I could return this computer, with the 10% restocking fee, and then I can get one of the new ones (which is again slightly more expensive than what I paid for this one). So it is possible to do, but annoying. And makes the computer way more expensive than I wanted it to be initially. Luckily for me, I'll be getting a little tax refund that should make up the difference.

But MAN, that shit is annoying.

As Grandmother said, "It's a wash."

No comments:

Post a Comment