Friday, May 22, 2009

'Recent' Grad?

I'm going to Chicago in two weeks to see my cousin graduate from high school, which is reminding me of the last time I graduated from anything and its making me all nostalgic. This weekend, I graduated from college two years ago. Does this still make me a 'recent grad' in terms of applying for unpaid internships? I think it should, especially since one year of that two was spent out of the country so it's like it doesn't count as a year. It's like I graduated last year. And that is definitely 'recent,' as far as I'm concerned.

This ruminating has sprung from seeing an ad on Craigslist for interns at Nerve.com. There's a fair amount of material to submit in order to apply (like, more than a resume and a cover letter) and because I'd never been to the website, I went over to check it out, to see if it would be worth the extra work to apply considering I still think I'd really rather work in a library. And then I saw that one of the current interns is definitely someone I scoped out (but can't remember if I messaged) on OKCupid... awks!

Maybe this is just me, but I think I could just as easily apply for an unpaid internship somewhere that I don't know whether I've already been trolling for a dude that works there. As opposed to someplace where I know that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment