Monday, May 4, 2009

I Love Indiefeed and I'm Not Afraid to Say It!

Okay, I'm not sure when Indiefeed.com re-did it's website, but they did and it looks snazzy! Good job, guys. I've been listening to this podcast for a few years now so I don't go on the website too too often cause the episodes are all just on my iPod. I knew that I'd stumbled onto something cool from the beginning, but it wasn't until I was in New Zealand (i.e. without a computer and access to new music) working out on the vineyards (i.e. constantly listening to my iPod) that I was able to actually listen to and process the insane amount of LEGAL and FREE and AWESOME music that indiefeed has given me and therefore realize how amazing they really are.

So, even though indiefeed has been one of my favorite internet things for awhile, I thought I would post the love-note I wrote to them in the heat of the moment a few months ago, to commemorate their website update and tell the world how I feel...


January 29, 2008

Dear Indiefeed,

I've been wanting to say this for awhile, so I'm just going to finally come out and tell you... I love you. Our relationship began so long ago, I don't know when these feelings really started, but I've known for awhile that I can't live without you. You came to me out of the blue in a few years ago in college... late night procrastination trying to find free things on iTunes. You gave me the 'in' I so desperately needed, because with you around, I could finally be the one to know about the cool new band before everyone else.

It started small, with the Alt/ Modern Rock channel, then quickly progressed to the Pop channel. It wasn't too long before your gentle Blues channel was crooning in my ears, and every once in awhile, I'll even dabble in Hip-Hop and Electronica. Sadly, I have limited hard drive space so I cannot download and keep every single episode on every single channel... though I wish I could. I love how you tell me informative tidbits about the band, and let me know where I can find their music and learn more about them. Your judgment rarely fails, not often do you give me a track that I think... OMG what the f**k is this crap? The point, Indiefeed, is that since you've been in my life, my ears haven't been bored, and I have faith that they will never be again, as long as you're around. Please don't ever leave me.

You are awesome.

Love,
CaseyA
lover/ fan for LIFE!


(Equally amazing is that they wrote me back... like the next day. I appreciate prompt communication in lovers. Yay! I win!)

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been listening for a minute as well, and since I’ve had shows to fill my ears for so long I no longer need the radio. It’s a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's whats up.
    not only am i a listener...
    but i'm also an artist that has been played on indiefeed. and it's a great tool in getting music out there.
    also, i am friends with dirt e. dutch who hosts the indiefeed hip-hop, and i know for a fact he, and the others who host the other genres appreciate gratitude like this. they do it for free, for the love.

    ReplyDelete